WHAT IS A TRINITY FORUM READING GROUP?
Trinity Forum Reading Groups are small gatherings in cities and towns around the world that are designed to catalyze personal and cultural transformation at the local level through an intimate and informal time that produces rich conversations and dynamic relationships.
Trinity Forum Reading Groups are led by a person or team, meet on a consistent basis, and are centered on discussion of a Trinity Forum Reading.
Trinity Forum Reading Groups are also vehicles for introducing local leaders to the publications, events, and thought leadership of the Trinity Forum.
WHY ARE TRINITY FORUM READING GROUPS IMPORTANT?
Imagine what could happen if groups of leaders in communities worldwide are experiencing personal renewal, engaging thoughtfully with the most pressing issues of the day, and are working to bring about human flourishing (the true, good, and beautiful) in their families, companies, and communities.
We believe that one important way to help achieve this vision is to offer leaders regular opportunities to engage in rich dialogue with others on topics ranging from current issues to what makes a good life and a good leader. Trinity Forum Reading Groups offer people regular opportunities to engage in these types of conversations with other thoughtful community leaders in ways that we believe can bring about transformation and renewal in both individual lives and in a community!
WHAT CHARACTERIZES A TRINITY FORUM READING GROUP?
A Trinity Forum Reading Group benefits from the extraordinary materials that the Trinity Forum custom-tailors for small group use as well as full-service support from the staff of the national office, supplementary information provided on the Reading, who for a small annual fee, will handle innitiative and administration for the Reading Group.
Additionally, the following characteristics are found at every Trinity Forum Reading Group:
Trinity Forum Reading Groups are held in comfortable locations that are conducive for conversations.
Hospitality is an essential piece of a Trinity Forum Reading Group experience. Nice drinks and snacks are provided. In some circumstances (at the decision of the host team) a meal is provided before the discussion.
The Reading Group facilitator is well prepared to lead participants into a rich conversation on the text that the group is using for that gathering.
The facilitator (or host of the Reading Group if those are two different people) offers updates on what the Trinity Forum is doing and makes attendees aware of opportunities to get involved, including the Trinity Forum Society, upcoming local events if applicable, and live streaming of DC Evening Conversations.
HOW DO I START A TRINITY FORUM READING GROUP?
It’s easy! Email Alyssa Abraham, Trinity Forum Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. Alyssa or another member of the Trinity Forum staff will answer any questions you have.
WHAT SUPPORT DO I RECEIVE ONCE I SIGN UP?
The annual fee of $500 provides support for you to hold four Trinity Forum Reading Groups over the course of 12 months.
The support you receive includes:
- A Trinity Forum Reading Group Starter Kit that includes resources to help you plan rich and meaningful conversations and events.
- Trinity Forum Reading Group Email Invitations. You don’t have to spend time creating or sending an email for each event you plan. You simply provide the details of your upcoming Reading Group to the Trinity Forum and we will create and send the email for you!
- Guest registration. You don’t have to keep track of who has submitted an RSVP. We’ll do that for you! Your guests will have the opportunity to register on the Trinity Forum website right from a link in the invitation they receive.
- RSVP updates will be sent to you two weeks, one week, and one day before event.
- A link in the invitation that allows your guests to purchase a copy of the Trinity Forum Reading you will be using in your discussion from our online store. This means you do not need to worry about getting a copy of the Reading to your guests. They can purchase a hard copy version of the Reading or download an electronic copy when they register!
- A follow up email that will be sent to your guests after the gathering thanking them for attending and suggesting other Readings that can continue their thinking on the topic of your discussion.
- Promotion on the Trinity Forum website.
- One basic membership to the Trinity Forum Society (a $100 value). If you already have one, you can give a gift membership to someone else.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
You (and your co-hosts, if applicable) play a key role in ensuring that the Reading Group is a success! Your responsibilities include:
- Submit the details for your Reading Group (date, time, location, Reading you will use, etc.) and your invitation list (names and email addresses) to the Trinity Forum six weeks before the date of the Reading Group.
- Secure a comfortable venue that is conducive for mingling and conversation, and provide refreshments for your guests.
- Review the hospitality guidelines for tips on planning a successful event. Be sure to end the event on time.
- Choose a facilitator and a greeter to welcome attendees.
- Read the chosen Trinity Forum Reading so you are prepared to play an active role in the conversation.
- Provide an evaluation and update to the Trinity Forum after each event.
- Follow the agreements found in the Trinity Forum Reading Group Agreement.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRINITY FORUM?
It is our responsibility to ensure that you have the absolute best Trinity Forum Reading Group possible. We desire the logistics to run smoothly and the experience to be memorable and formative. To help reach this goal, this is what we will do:
- We’ll kick off our support with a call that will walk you through every step of planning a Trinity Forum Reading Group. From logistics to facilitation, we’ll review all aspects of hosting a successful event.
- We will send out an email invitation to your guests at least four weeks before your event date. In this invitation is a link for your guests to register online and, if you so desire, a link for them to purchase a copy of the Reading from our online store.
- We will send you regular RSVP updates. We will send one to you two weeks, one week, and one day before your event.
- We will send out a follow up email to all of your attendees thanking them for attending.
- We will review your event evaluations and updates and see if there are ways we can continue to improve your Trinity Forum Reading Group experience for you and your guests.
HOW DO I PICK THE TRINITY FORUM READING WE WILL USE?
Simple! The Trinity Forum produces a new Trinity Forum Reading each quarter. The easiest way to plan is to always use our newest Reading. We will have a quarterly call that prepares you to facilitate the Reading, members of your Reading Group who have joined the Trinity Forum Society will be receiving this Reading in the mail, and there will be discussion questions already created for you to use.
However, you can also choose to use a different Trinity Forum Reading. Just work with your contact at the Trinity Forum to pick a suitable text for your group. You can see all the Trinity Forum Readings we have available in our online store. Simply go to www.ttf.org and click on the store heading. Please note, however, that some of our older texts do not have discussion questions. We will let you know if you choose a Reading that falls into this category.
HOW DO MY GUESTS RECEIVE THE TRINITY FORUM READING WE USE?
There are several ways that your guests can receive their Reading:
1) If you want to purchase Readings for your guests, there are two annual options available. These options provide Readings for all four Reading Groups. The discounted options are:
10 Copies: $7.20 each ($288 total per year)
20 Copies: $6.40 each ($512 total per year)
If you choose this option, we will send you the copies of your chosen Trinity Forum Reading four weeks in advance of the Reading Group. You are responsible for distributing the Readings to your guests.
2) If you want your guests to be responsible for acquiring the Reading, there will be a link in the electronic invitation they receive that gives them the opportunity to purchase an electronic download of the Reading or a hard copy of the Reading that will be mailed to them. Readings are $8 for a hard copy and $3 for a digital download.
3) The Trinity Forum produces a new Trinity Forum Reading each quarter. If you choose to always use the newest Reading, encourage your attendees to join the Trinity Forum Society. Members of the Trinity Forum Society automatically receive our newest Reading each quarter.
CAN I JUST USE TRINITY FORUM READINGS IN MY OWN SMALL GROUP WITHOUT STARTING A TRINITY FORUM READING GROUP?
Although we believe Trinity Forum Reading Groups are a fantastic way to find the support you need to start and sustain a rich conversation group, we also understand if you just want to use Trinity Forum Readings in your already established small group. You can browse our online store (include a link) to see over 50 Trinity Forum Readings we have available in hard copy or digitally.
Additionally, you can purchase a Reading Group Starter Kit for $25 that will give you tips on how to effectively facilitate a conversation and how to plan a successful event. We also include one free digital Trinity Forum Reading to get you started. Click here to purchase the starter kit!
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS...
No problem, we’re glad you’re interested! If you have other questions or want to discuss any of this in more depth simply contact Alyssa Abraham, Trinity Forum Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or call her at 202.944.9881.